PLEASE CONVEY THIS URGENT MESSAGE TO YOUR READERS!!
The U. S. Congress has filed bills, one in the House of Representatives and one in the Senate (H.R. 1 and S.R. 1, respectively), that will essentially obliterate the Constitutional methods clearly written in the U.S. Constitution Election law. Article II, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution specifies:
"The times, places and manner of holding elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulation . . . ."
Many in Washington and around the country are calling this the #CorruptPoliticiansAct. We see what Congress is attempting to do -- that being to overthrow local oversight of elections while allowing laws already in place in the various States of the U.S. to demolish regulations that have been created to make elections fair and honest. More importantly, these laws (if passed) would obliterate the voice of the people.
Some of the more offensive details featured in this H.R. 1 - legislation would:
- Nationalize all U.S. elections and disregard proper roles of states and localities
- Eliminate States' voter Identification laws
- Allow Felons to vote
- Allow federal bureaucrats to monitor polling places and receive payment for such
- Redistrict (Congressional) would occur at the Federal level
- Match for every dollar raised by small donor with ratio of 1/6 by using Federal tax $$
- Abolish political free speech by allowing Federal agencies to monitor individual political activities with corporations (i.e., Facebook gave $ to defeat GA elections)
- Renewed intimidation and targeting of Conservatives by IRS
- Expose identities of countless Americans who contribute to nonprofit organizations
- Ban nonprofits from contacting a member of Congress or their staff about any policy issue (a blatant assault on ability of the people to petition their government)
- Force sponsors of online political content to file duplicative, burdensome reports with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) -- a free speech deterrent
- Decrease the number of commissioners on FEC from six to five (making it partisan)
- Ignore the suggestions of the Carter-Bush report following the 2000 Bush-Gore Presidential election
We respectfully ask “We the People” to actively oppose H.R. 1 and S.R. 1 -- call your Senators and Representatives and ask them to vote “NO.” We are trying to take Mr. Benjamin Franklin's directive to "keep the Republic" -- if we can.